Your leadership approach and effectiveness has a tremendous impact on individual and team performance in an emergency services environment. To make a more positive impact, it is crucial that leaders take a more conscious, deliberate look at how they lead. This highly interactive workshop helps you address key questions and issues about leadership
Learning Objectives: At the completion of this module, participants will be able to:
• Understanding the difference between double talk and “straight talk”
• The power of trust in leadership
• Improve your coaching skills so your staff, both individually and as a team, can improve their performance, motivation and satisfaction.
• Understanding Personality and its effects on leadership and performance
• Define and communicate performance goals using S.M.A.R.T. criteria: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-trackable
• Discuss and demonstrate the Model of a Crucial Conversation/Confrontation.
• Sign and symptoms of dysfunctional coping strategies used by officers experiencing burnout and other performance related issues
• Discuss the importance of a performance improvement plan (Template will be provided)
• Discuss the Strategic Thinking Model of Leadership (use Case Studies to demonstrate)
• Discuss the importance of managing transition
• 7 good and successful habits of leadership